The Darrick Wood School Parents’ and Staff Association (PSA) was born principally as a fund raising tool and has developed a close and rewarding relationship with the school. It is now considered to be a fine and indispensable asset.
The PSA is staffed entirely by volunteers, and has among its members, parents, teachers and sixth form students, all of whom attend monthly meetings at which future fund-raising ideas are discussed and developed.
The primary aim of the Association is to raise much needed funds for the school in order to purchase those extra items which the budget does not always allow. This is achieved by organising regular social events for the family and friends of the pupils, such as Summer and Christmas balls, quiz nights, and bingo nights. The PSA also organises discos for the students in Years 7 & 8 and provides refreshments at the many parents evenings, production nights and social evenings.
The PSA has been able in recent years to help the school with:
- The purchase of two mini-buses at a cost of more than £38,000
- Equipping the new Science Block.
- A Grand Piano, costing £18,000
- 48 state of the art computers, which are housed in two computer suites
- Financial help for the new Sixth Form Resource Centre, to which it contributed more than £10,000 for the establishment of a fully networked computer system using flat screen technology and the latest Software.
- Benches in the playground
- The projector and screen used in the main hall
- Financial help which has helped fast track the implementation of interactive white-boards.
- Purchase of LCD information system thoughout the school
- Musical instruments and technology for the music department.
Technology for the PE department.
Elsewhere on the site, you will find downloadable forms for events, and any other forms that become relevant.
If you would like to contact the PSA, you can do so on the contact page.
Please take the time to visit the other pages on this site, where you will find a wealth of information on the PSA, past events, and the events for the coming year. Don’t forget we can only keep going with your support so please try and support us by coming to our events, or better still come and join the team. We are always looking for new members.