There are now only 6 parents who regularly attend the PSA meetings and we are getting a little bit desperate – and worn out!
As parents with children in the school we want to contribute to the excellent environment created at Darrick Wood. Everyone should now be aware that the school is experiencing financial pressures and the PSA are committed to helping provide the extras that the school might now struggle to afford. Whilst our funds will not provide books, or fund repairs to buildings – it will be used for providing IT equipment and other equipment in and around the school which will enhance the learning, skills and general experience of YOUR child at the school.
There are a number of ways that any parents can support our activities:
- Attending the monthly meeting – the meeting lasts about 30 mins. We discuss new ideas, make plans for future events and the recent events held. If you get involved in actually organizing an event you should be prepared to give a bit more time.
- Volunteer to help at events – selling tea and coffee and refreshments at school productions and events, helping at second-hand uniform sales or it could be running a bar at one of our fundraising events. If you could spare a couple of hours per term it would be a great help.
- Join the Lottery – for £2 a month this is about the easiest way for the PSA to raise funds. On your part all it takes is the effort of filling in a form – and for us checking the payments and pulling out a few numbers once a month. Please support this if you can by completing the form at the bottom of this post.
- Attend our events – we try to put on a range of activities – but with only 6 parents these are becoming fewer and fewer. Look out for the events though and do what you can to support us. We try and run a couple of quiz nights per year, our annual Christmas Ball is always popular and of course our second-hand uniform sales. If you can think of anything else we could try please let us know.
- Donate second hand uniform – please ensure it is washed, no buttons missing and no broken zips – it would also be hugely appreciated if buttons on shirts, blouses and cardigans are all done up too.
If you would like to get involved please do contact us! Your PSA needs you.
Download: PSA LOTTERY Standing Order Form