The Darrick Wood Parents and Staff Association operates a Lottery under the terms of a Private Society Lottery. In accordance with the rules set out by the Gambling Commission a License is not required.
This type of lottery can only be promoted by an authorised member of a private society. The society can be any group or club, provided it is not established and conducted for purposes connected to gambling.
This lottery cannot involve a rollover of prizes from one lottery to another.
The purpose of the Lottery is to raise funds for Darrick Wood Secondary School in accordance with our Constitution. The money will be paid into the PSA bank account and used to meet funding requests from the school, providing equipment, resources and opportunities for pupils.
- The Lottery is a private lottery and is open to all parents, carers, staff and friends of Darrick Wood School. Players must be 18 or over.
- For a cost of:
- £1 per month (i.e. per draw) you will be allocated one number
- £2 per month (i.e. per draw) you will be allocated three numbers
- A draw will be made every month with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
- Prizes are as follows:
- 1st prize – £25
- 2nd prize – £15
- 3rd prize – £10
- Prizes will be reviewed periodically.
- There are no limits to the number of tickets that can be purchased.
- Payments must be made by standing order.
- One month’s notice is required for cancellation.
- Member’s numbers will only be entered if their subscription is up to date.
- If a member has no valid reason for missing a payment they will be ineligible to receive a prize and the number will be re-drawn
- The draw shall be made monthly at the Parents and Staff Association. There are only 10 meetings per year because of Easter and summer vacations. The draws will therefore be made in the first available meeting.
- The winning cheque will be posted to the address on your membership application. By paying your monthly subscription you are therefore consenting to your Name, Address, Email address and Childs Surname and Class details being held by the Parents and Staff Association. Failure to notify the Parents and Staff Association of a change of address indemnifies the Parents and Staff Association from responsibility to pay out winnings.
- The name and numbers for each month’s winners maybe be posted on the Parents and Staff Association website and social media.
- The Lottery will be run by the Parents and Staff Association. In case of any dispute the decision of the Committee is final.
- Unless otherwise advised, a member will be deemed to have left the Lottery if his/her subscription renewal remains unpaid for a period of two months. Their number can be reallocated.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or the cheque is returned, the winnings will be placed into Parents and Staff Association funds after six months.